Tiny Change, Big Impact: Lighting, Railings, & Trim
As beautiful as a new deck can be, today’s homeowners have a wealth of accent choices at their disposal that can make major differences in the look and functionality of their decks.
TimberTech® offers high quality design accents that can take any deck installation to the next level. As tiny as these changes might be, you’ll be surprised at the big impact they deliver.TimberTech Railing
TimberTech offers capped composite and aluminum railing choices that can finish off any deck construction with style and substance. And, just like your TimberTech deck, you can expect the railings to be equally strong and beautiful.
- RadianceRail®: TimberTech’s RadianceRail line of railings is renowned for its seamless and smooth lines, invisible hardware, and traditional profile. With so many colors and infills available to choose from, RadianceRail offers easy customization for a one-of-a-kind deck.
- RadianceRail Express®: If you love the look of RadianceRail products, but you’re working on a budget, then RadianceRail Express makes it easier and more affordable to enjoy all of the strength, beauty, and durability the RadianceRail line has to offer.
- Evolutions Rail Contemporary®: If you prefer the look of a continuous top rail that’s uninterrupted by posts, TimberTech’s Evolutions Rail Contemporary line is for you. This railing system features a sleek, modern aesthetic and it is available with a selection of dramatic infill options so you can design the deck rail of your dreams.
- Evolutions Rail Builder®: Evolutions Rail Builder brings crisp and clean lines to your deck installation. And, it can use any of TimberTech's deck boards as its rail topper, lending an extra-wide surface for resting your wine glass or coffee mug.
- Impression Rail™: TimberTech’s Impression Rail system is made from lightweight and low-maintenance aluminum, but it looks and feels like high-end wrought iron. This type of rail looks rich, but it’s surprisingly affordable, making it the perfect railing system for the minimalist.
With a TimberTech deck, your outdoor enjoyment doesn’t have to end when the sun goes down. TimberTech offers several lighting options that can transform your deck from a daytime space to an after-dark escape.
- Accent Lighting: Accent lighting provides delicate downward facing illumination on posts or near stairs. These fixtures deliver a subtle source of light on those areas where some added light is needed to improve visibility.
- In-Deck Lighting: In-deck lights are installed flush to your deck's surface. These inconspicuous fixtures don’t produce a focus light but rather a soft ambient glow. Whether for added visibility at night or for an atmospheric touch, in-deck lighting is an excellent choice.
- Post Cap Lighting: Post cap lights allow you to light up the edge of your deck with a soft glow. TimberTech’s post cap lights attach easily to any RadianceRail® or RadianceRail Express® 4" and 5" posts.
- Riser Lighting: Built-in lights on your stair risers help make your deck safer and more beautiful. These lights add a warm touch that showcase the natural beauty of your composite decking.
- Under-Rail Lighting: TimberTech’s under-rail light fixtures rest invisibly in the underside of the top rail between balusters when they’re not in use. But, once turned on, they cast a soft, warm downward glow.
TimberTech Trim and Fasteners
“It’s all in the details” as they say, and when it comes to TimberTech decking, there are details galore that can make a tremendous difference in the quality and longevity of your decking. These are the final touches that truly finish your deck’s look.
- Fasteners: TimberTech’s fastening systems are proven tough and by all accounts, invisible. Choose from CONCEALoc®, Cortex™, TOPLoc™, or the new FUSIONLoc™, the first and only collated hidden fastening system engineered for strength and speed.
- End Coating: TimberTech’s end coat is applied to the cut ends of your deck boards to give them a finished look and stronger seal against water. This product is easily applied with a brush or roller, and it is available in six TimberTech colors.
- DrySpace: Keeping the space under your second-story deck dry is important for maintaining the area if you want to use it for storage or for living space. DrySpace is TimberTech’s revolutionary under-deck drainage system for second-story decks.
- Gate Kits: Gate kits are available from TimberTech for its RadianceRail railing systems. These kits not only add beauty and charm to your deck, they also make your deck a safer place to play for smaller children.
- Risers: The riser is the part of the step that faces you, so make it look as beautiful as possible by using genuine TimberTech Riser boards. Risers are available in all TimberTech colors so your steps can coordinate perfectly with your deck.
- Fascia: Fascia gives a deck a finished look. TimberTech’s Fascia is available in all accompanying colors so you can easily coordinate the look of your fascia with either the color of your deck or another accent color.
From top to bottom, you can easily customize the look and feel of your TimberTech deck using any of the above mentioned options. While small in nature, each offers the potential for a big impact. And no matter which options you choose, they are all backed by TimberTech’s 25-year limited warranties.