Save time and money using TimberTech® composite decking to re-plank your existing deck instead of starting from scratch. When an old wooden deck becomes warped, splintered, and rotten, it’s easy to re-plank using TimberTech composite or capped composite decking. Replacing wood decking with TimberTech decking gives you more time to enjoy your outdoor space as yearly staining and painting will no longer be necessary. And, as for rotting and splinters, well, they too will be a thing of the past.
- Faster installation
- Cost effective
- No more painting, staining or sealing
- Adds value to your home
For best results when replanking your deck:
- Prior to installation, check to make sure all joists are level, structurally sound, and there are no nails or screws protruding.
- Ensure that all joists are crowned correctly and are level across the top as AZEK Deck will conform to the surface contour of the substructure.
- Proper joist spacing is required for proper installation. Joist spacing should not exceed 16” on center, or for a more rigid feel, 12” may be preferred.
- Install solid wood blocking between each joist, placed every 4’ - 6’ within the structure to help reduce movement of the joists, excessive gapping, and give you a more uniform finished surface for your new AZEK Deck.
To find out even more about how to make your replanking project really shine, check out our Deck Installation Guide.